DIA is One of the Best Airports in the Entire World for a Layover
I have always loved flying into or out of Denver International Airport. I can't exactly put my finger on what exactly makes it feel the way it does, but it just feels like home. I took my first-ever flight out of DIA to Atlanta nearly 20 years ago. Maybe it's the nostalgia that makes me love DIA.
Jeppesen Terminal reminds me of a circus tent on steroids. It's vast, open and I am always in awe of the architecture when I am going through TSA. Denver International Airport is without a doubt a great airport and Club Med thinks so too.
When it comes to layovers, Denver International Airport lands at number 19 on the list for the best airports in the entire world. Club Med ranked this list by the factors of size, shops, restaurants, hotels, WiFi score, distance from the city, and staff friendliness.
- Size - DIA's size is a total of 33,531 acres and is the second-largest airport in the world.
- Shops - DIA has a total of 88 shops throughout the Jeppesen Terminal and three concourses.
- Restaurants - With a total of 88 restaurants, there are plenty of places to grab a bite to eat before or after your flight.
- Hotels - DIA has a total of five hotels.
- WiFi Score - DIA ranks at 77 percent when it comes to WiFi.
- Lounge Score - DIA's lounge score is 68 percent.
- Distance to City - DIA is 24 miles to the city center of Denver.
- Staff Friendliness - Airport staff at DIA are generally friendly with a score of three out of five.
Orlando International Airport came in just behind Denver at 20. Four other airports in the United States ranked higher than Denver on the list for best layovers. Those airports included San Fransisco (18), Dallas/Fort Worth (14), Atlanta (12), and Minneapolis-St. Paul (11).
The airport that lands at the top of Club Med's list of best layover airports in the world is the Singapore Changi Airport.
Yep, that is in the Singapore Changi Airport. Talk about ambiance. The Singapore Changi Airport also boasts a total of 250 shops, 153 restaurants, and 11 hotels. If you would like to see the full list of the best airports in the world to have a layover, you can check out the list HERE.
Source: Club Med