How Do YOU Show Your Road Rage?
Doc came across an article about road rage, and it sparked quite a debate in our office.
According to this study, women are actually more likely to give in to their road rage than men.
Before we get into all the science of this let's define road rage.
According to Wikipedia Road Rage is "aggressive or angry behavior exhibited by a driver of a road vehicle."
Here is a list of some of the road rage behavior talked about in the article from e3sparkplugs.com
- Honked at someone driving too slowly
- Swore in front of the kids while driving
- Flipped someone off while driving
- Brake-checked a car following too closely
- Sped up significantly to prevent someone from passing you
- Gone when it wasn’t your turn at a four-way stop
- Tailgated someone on purpose because he or she was going too slowly
- Stolen a parking spot someone else was waiting for
The article claims that on average, women are bigger road rage offenders than their male counterparts.
Specifically, women are more likely to swear in front of the kids and flip someone off.
Females also tend to tailgate other cars more than males.
In defense of my fellow female drivers, men seem to commit more of the aggressive or extra mean road rage behaviors.
Men are more likely to speed up to block another car with its blinker on, turn on their brights just to be mean AND males are more likely to key a car.
Based on that information I'm going to say that even though women technically suffer more from road rage, we're still nicer.