Cheyenne Twins Plead Not Guilty to Amended Charges in Murder Case
Brothers Jalen and Santana Trujillo were initially charged with accessory after the fact to commit a felony crime and were scheduled for preliminary hearings this morning, July 17, in Laramie County Circuit Court, but the charges were amended to misdemeanor accessory after the fact right before court.
Their bonds were lowered from $25,000 cash to $5,000 cash, which hadn't been posted as of noon, and a scheduling conference was set for Nov. 2.
According to Cheyenne Police Department Lt. Adam DeBall, the Trujillos were picked up on warrants on July 6.
Police say they and Jeremy Lackey were riding in the backseat of an SUV being driven by 16-year-old Julian Espinoza on the morning of April 30, when Espinoza drove by the park on East 7th Street, and 17-year-old Johnny Munoz, who was riding in the front seat, opened fire on a group playing basketball, hitting BayLee Carabajal-Clark in the head.
Police say a 17-year-old boy returned fire with a handgun, but the SUV was not hit and Espinoza drove off.
Espinoza and Munoz were arrested on May 9 and charged as adults -- Espinoza with conspiracy to commit first-degree murder and aiding and abetting first-degree murder, and Munoz with first-degree murder and conspiracy to commit first-degree murder.
Their cases are currently pending in Laramie County District Court.
For more information about this case as well as Joey Carabajal Jr.'s case, check out our earlier posts:
- Cheyenne Twins Charged in Drive-By Shooting That Killed Teen
- Accused Getaway Driver Bound Over in Cheyenne Teen's Murder
- Cheyenne Man Denies Bond Violation; Trial Date to Be Reset
- Cheyenne Teen's Alleged Killer Bound Over on Murder Charges
- Wanted Cheyenne Man Who Evaded SWAT Team Turns Himself In
- Wanted Cheyenne Man at Large After Evading SWAT Team
- Teens Charged as Adults in 15-Year-Old Cheyenne Girl's Death
- 2 Arrested on Murder Charges in 15-Year-Old Cheyenne Girl's Death
- UPDATE: Cheyenne Teen Dies After Being Shot in Head at Lincoln Park
- Cheyenne Teen in Critical Condition After Being Shot in Head
- Trial Date Set for Cheyenne Teen Charged With Attempted Murder
- Cheyenne Teen Bound Over on Attempted Murder Charge in Bar Stabbing
- 17-Year-Old Cheyenne Boy Charged as Adult in Bar Stabbing
- Cheyenne Teen Arrested for Attempted Murder in Bar Stabbing