Casper Fire-EMS credits functioning smoke alarms connected to a third-party security system for their prompt notification to firefighters - because of this, firefighters were able to quickly locate and extinguish the small amount of fire with minimal damage and disruption to homeowners.
Yesterday evening, shortly after 9:00 PM, there was a structure fire reported at the 1400 block of S. Forest Drive, according to a press release from the Casper Fire-EMS.
The release said that an electrical panel in the home appeared to be malfunctioning, producing heat, sparks, and light smoke...
"Multiple agencies are actively investigating this incident," the release noted. "We will need time and patience from the public during this investigation, as we figure out what started this fire. We will update you with more information on findings as it becomes available. This was a very complex incident with a lot of dynamic factors affecting the situation."