Where Wyoming Ranks In Number Of Ski Resorts
According to the website SnowBrains, there will be 476 ski resorts operating in the Unites States in 2019. They can be found in 37 states.
It might surprise you to find out which states have a high number of ski resorts and which don't have so many.
New York State is number one? Honestly I thought for sure that would have been California or Colorado.
Lets have a look and see where Wyoming landed in number of operating ski resorts:
1. New York: 51
2. Michigan: 43
3. Wisconsin and Colorado: 31 each
4. California and New Hampshire: 30 each
5. Pennsylvania: 26
6. Vermont: 25
7. Maine and Minnesota: 20 each
8. Idaho: 17
9. Washington, Montana, and Utah: 14 each
10. Massachusetts: 13
11. Oregon: 12
13. New Mexico & Alaska: 9 each
14. North Carolina: 6
15. Connecticut, Illinois, Virginia, West Virginia, Nevada, and Ohio:: 5 each
16. Arizona, Iowa, and South Dakota: 3 each
17. North Dakota, New Jersey, Indiana, and Missouri:: 2 each
18. Alabama, Maryland, Rhode Island, and Tennessee: 1 each