To Snow, or Not to Snow? That is the Question.
The National Weather Service forecasts a 50% chance of snow showers tonight. Earlier in the day will be warm (~45 degrees) and breezy. By evening the winds will pick up to 33 mph with a low around 26 degrees.
There is a Winter Weather Advisory from 11:00 p.m. tonight until 6:00 a.m. Sunday, March 26.
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE National Weather Service Riverton WY 258 AM MDT Fri Mar 24 2023 Upper Wind River Basin-Wind River Basin-Lander Foothills- Natrona County Lower Elevations- Including the cities of Dubois, Riverton, Shoshoni, Lander, and Casper 258 AM MDT Fri Mar 24 2023 ...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 11 PM THIS EVENING TO 6 AM MDT SUNDAY... * WHAT...Snow expected. Total snow accumulations of 4 to 6 inches in the Wind River Basin and northern Natrona County, and 2 to 4 inches in southern Natrona County. Winds gusting as high as 40 mph. * WHERE...Upper Wind River Basin, Wind River Basin, Lander Foothills and Natrona County Lower Elevations. * WHEN...From 11 PM this evening to 6 AM MDT Sunday. * IMPACTS...Travel could be difficult. Patchy blowing snow could significantly reduce visibility. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Slow down and use caution while traveling. The latest road conditions for the state you are calling from can be obtained by calling 5 1 1.
Heading into the weekend the chance of snow remains with a 50% chance on Saturday (less than an inch) all day, a 30% chance on Sunday, and 20% chance Monday.
READ: What's the Best Way to Use that Dreaded Snow Shovel in Wyoming?
Park Elementary School Greenhouse Ribbon Cutting
2023 Jackalope Jump Benefitting Special Olympics Wyoming
It was a sight to behold at the Casper Family Aquatic Center on Friday night, as hundreds of people gathered to support Special Olympics Wyoming at the 2023 Jackalope Jump event.