Wyoming Transportation Commission Awards Millions for Projects
The Wyoming Transportation Commission recently awarded over $24 million in contracts for eight Wyoming Department of Transportation construction projects.
The following projects were awarded:
- The Commission awarded Kilgore Companies, LLC out of Rock Springs a bid of more than $4.1 million for a project involving milling, paving and other miscellaneous work in various locations within Lincoln, Sublette, Sweetwater and Teton Counties.
- Cheyenne-based Knife River was awarded a bid of more than $5.5 million for a project involving milling, paving and other miscellaneous work in various locations within Goshen, Natrona, Niobrara and Platte Counties.
- The Commission awarded a nearly $3.6 million bid to Triple A. Building Services Inc. out of Laramie for a project involving placing crushed base, concrete slab replacement, and miscellaneous work in various locations around the Rawlins area of Carbon County.
- Cheyenne-based Simon Contractors was awarded a bid of about $1.5 million for a project involving milling, paving, chip seal, and other work on nearly 3 miles of Wyoming Highway 72 in Carbon County.
The above projects have a contracted completion date of October 2022.
Along with this, Worland-based McGarvin-Moberly Construction Co. was awarded a $3.3 million bid for a project involving grading, milling, paving, chip seal, bridge rehabilitation, and additional work on approximately 6 miles of Wyoming Highway 70 in Carbon County. This project will be completed in July of 2023.
Three projects awarded during the Commission meeting were awarded to out-of-state contractors:
- Minnesota-based Bituminous Paving Inc. was awarded a nearly $4.3 million bid for a project involving chip sealing and other miscellaneous work in various locations within Campbell, Crook, Johnson, Sheridan, and Weston Counties. The completion date is August 2022.
- Utah-based Coldwater Group Inc. was awarded a bid of nearly $2.2 million for a project involving grading, paving, concrete overlay, bridge rehabilitation, guardrail, and other work within Sublette and Sweetwater Counties. The contracted completion date is November 2022.
- Pennsylvania-based Surface Preparation Technologies, LLC, was awarded a bid of nearly $300,000 to install transverse rumble strips around the state. The contracted completion date is August 2022.