Cheyenne NWS Issues Blizzard, Winter Storm Warnings For Mountains
The Cheyenne Office of the National Weather Service on Saturday morning released details on the expected impacts of winter weather on the Sierra Madre and Snowy Range mountains between Saturday evening and Monday.
The agency has upgraded the outlook for some of the area from a Winter Storm Watch to a Winter Storm Warning. A Blizzard Warning has also been issued for some areas. It released a statement which included the following comments:
Winter Weather Impact Level HIGH
Here are the current event impact highlights:
- Low pressure system tracks across the area tonight into Sunday.
- Snow begins in Snowy and Sierra Madre Ranges and adjacent foothills after 9PM tonight and continues through Monday morning.
- Widespread high wind event looking likely. High Wind Warnings along and west of Laramie Range. High Wind Watches east.
- EXTREME Blowoff/Blowover risk tonight through Sunday afternoon.
- Blizzard Warnings for Arlington and Saratoga Midnight tonight through 6PM Sunday. Winter Storm Warnings for Snowy and Sierra Madre Ranges 9PM tonight through noon Monday.